Collection of Information
1. The Firm Web site collects certain information about visitors, even when they are not logged in. The Firm may record your IP address, the URLs of the Web sites and pages you visit during your visit to the Firm Web site, the times and dates of such visits, information about the computer hardware and software you use and other information that may be available.
2. The Firm does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from any child under the age of eighteen.
3. Our servers are located in the United States. Be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed by us in the United States, and other countries.
4. We will maintain your information unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
Use of Information
1. The Firm uses the information that it collects about you to improve your browsing experience by personalizing The Firm Web sites to your interest, and also to help The Firm select content and services that you may find interesting and useful.
2. Information that you provide may also be used as part of The Firm's effort to keep you informed about events, and selected products and services that may be of interest to you. In other cases, your information might be shared with a third party but which you knowingly initiate.
3. The Firm reserves the right to disclose any information that it obtains through the Firm Web site to appropriate governmental or regulatory authorities, if required by law or any governmental agency.
4. If you are located in the EU or UK, this section applies to you.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and UK GDPR require us to explain the valid legal bases we rely on in order to process your personal information. As such, we may rely on the following legal bases to process your personal information:
a. Consent. We may process your information if you have given us permission (i.e., consent) to use your personal information for a specific purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time.
b. Performance of a Contract. We may process your personal information when we believe it is necessary to fulfill our contractual obligations to you, including providing our Services or at your request prior to entering into a contract with you.
c. Legal Obligations. We may process your information where we believe it is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations, such as to cooperate with a law enforcement body or regulatory agency, exercise or defend our legal rights, or disclose your information as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
d. Vital Interests. We may process your information where we believe it is necessary to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of a third party, such as situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person.
5. If you are located in Canada, this section applies to you.
We may process your information if you have given us specific permission (i.e., express consent) to use your personal information for a specific purpose, or in situations where your permission can be inferred (i.e., implied consent). You can withdraw your consent at any time.
In some exceptional cases, we may be legally permitted under applicable law to process your information without your consent, including, for example:
If collection is clearly in the interests of an individual and consent cannot be obtained in a timely way; for investigations and fraud detection and prevention; for business transactions provided certain conditions are met; if we have reasonable grounds to believe an individual has been, is, or may be victim of financial abuse; if it is reasonable to expect collection and use with consent would compromise the availability or the accuracy of the information and the collection is reasonable for purposes related to investigating a breach of an agreement or a contravention of the laws of Canada or a province; if disclosure is required to comply with a subpoena, warrant, court order, or rules of the court relating to the production of records; if it was produced by an individual in the course of their employment, business, or profession and the collection is consistent with the purposes for which the information was produced; if the collection is solely for journalistic, artistic, or literary purposes; if the information is publicly available and is specified by the regulations.
6. If you are located in California, this section applies to you.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the "Shine The Light" law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information, if any, we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
1. Transmission of information from this Web site does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the firm, nor is it intended to do so.
2. Any tax advice, including attachments and enclosures, is not intended by the Firm to constitute a covered opinion pursuant to the tax code.
3. The information contained in this Website is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. The Firm expressly disclaims all liability in respect to actions taken or not taken based on any or all the contents of this Website.
4. Some links within the Website may lead to other web-sites, including those operated and maintained by third parties. The Firm includes these links solely as a convenience to you.
6. The Firm does not wish to represent anyone in a state or country where this Website fails to comply with all laws and ethical rules of that state.
Lawyer and Notary / Abogada y Notaria
Telephone +(506) 2224-2800 / Fax +(506) 2225-2909
Toll Free United States / Canada 1-800-378-7542
3335 10th Avenue
Avenue 10 between Calles 33 and 35
100 meters south and 250 meters east from Casa Italia
In front of the Venezuelan Embassy
San José, Costa Rica 10104